Is Saturated Fat Bad For You?
Does saturated fat/cholesterol from coconut oil, olive oil and grass-fed butter/meat consumption cause cancer, disease and death?
There’s been a lot of controversy over the last few decades, what does the scientific literature tell us in 2017?
– Does fat cause insulin resistance? Not on its own, does sugar on its own? Yes.
– Does dietary cholesterol/saturated fat kill you? No.
– Is fruit bad for you because it has sugar? No.
– Are Oreos bad for you because it has sugar? Yes.
– Should you avoid the combination of sugar and protein and sugar and fat because this causes glycation, glycation causes inflammation, inflammation causes disease? Yes.
– Is the ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids more important for health than saturated fat per se? Yes.
– Is coconut oil and other sources of saturated fat such as eggs bad for you in moderation? No.
– Does this mean you can eat as much saturated fat as you want? No.
– Is trans fat from junk-food bad for you? Yes.
– Is transfer in grass-fed meat bad for you? No. Trans fat in meat is not bad because it’s CLA. CLA is associated with health benefits, it doesn’t create disease, it prevents it.